In many situations, due to various reasons, a phone could be lost, and locating it can be a very difficult process. In such a case, the IMEI number may be of help. The full form of IMEI is international mobile equipment activity, and this is used to identify a phone uniquely. People change the IMEI number for privacy and security reasons.
IMEI numbers are not supposed to be changed, and Apple has made it difficult for users to do, mainly because the outcomes can be unfavorable. If the phone replaces another phone’s IMEI number, chances are that the phone will stop responding.
It is important to keep the IMEI number safe and secure as hackers can extract personal information from your device if the number gets compromised. IMEI number can be changed only temporarily for a short period of time. Let’s take a look at how to change your IMEI number on iPhone, iPad.
Things you must remember before change IMEI Number on your iPhone
Warranty will be no longer exist when you change your IMEI number, so proceed only if you have to. If the warranty period has ended, you can change IMEI number on iPhone without jailbreak or any hassles.
There could be unfavorable consequences of changing your IMEI number, so make sure that you are doing it for an important reason. With increased technological updates, systems can now identify if you change the IMEI number.
Your iPhone should be activated; without activating it, you will not be able to proceed with the steps.
How to Change IMEI Number Using these Simple Steps
Jailbreaking is the only way to change the IMEI number, and the following steps will cover the necessary ways:
- First, you need to identify your current IMEI number, and this can be done by dialing *#06# on your dial pad; after doing so, you will see your 15 digit unique IMEI number.
- Be ready with a PC or computer; without the process can not initiate.
- Download a pc tool called “Ziphone” here’s the link to download it: https://www.ziphone.us/
- To proceed further, you will have to switch your iPhone to recovery mode, this can be done by pressing the home button and power button simultaneously. Once the apple logo is displayed on your screen, you will be switched to recovery mode.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer using your charger.
- Open the ziphone folder on your computer by right-clicking it, then select the option “Start Command Prompt Here“.
- Type in “Ziphone” in the command prompt window and then type “ziphone -u -i a345786789012388“. Wait for a second and then replace “345786789012388” with a new 15 digit IMEI number.
- This completes the process. Once done, wait for 3-5 minutes and then reboot your device.
- To confirm, dial *#06# again, and after following the steps, you should see your new IMEI number.
It is a very easy process to change your iPhone IMEI number. However, the IMEI number is not supposed to be changed or replaced, so it is better to proceed only if the reason you have is important. Since it’s quite risky and there could be unfavorable impacts. Do ensure that you have jailbreak on your phone; without it, the steps enlisted won’t help.