How to Screenshot Snapchat Without Them Knowing? – Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms due to its state-of-the-art security measures. While the added security was designed to protect user privacy, one of the particular privacy features has caused a lot of distress among the users.
The screenshot protection function of Snapchat notifies the sender of someone who takes a screenshot of the sent snap. Usually, this is not an issue. But if someone is trying not to know alert, this becomes a problem. Of course, bypassing this security feature is not an impossible task but a particularly difficult one for generic users. There are only a handful of methods available that can bypass Snapchat’s watchful eye and we have detailed them in the article below. So, if you are about how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing? It’s best to check out the article below for more detailed answers.
3 Ways for How to Screenshot on Snapchat Without Them Knowing
The simplest answer for how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing? Is to use another device like a smartphone or even a DSLR to record a video or a picture of the Snap, in question.
But if you are looking for a more elegant method, then check out the 3 methods we have divulged below.
1) Built-in Screen Recorder
The first answer for how to screenshot a snap without them knowing? Is to use a built-in screen recorder app. A built-in screen recorder app is available on both Android and iOS devices. So, it shouldn’t be an issue.
If you are an Android 11 user, then just visit the Quick Settings panel. From there you will be able to access the screen recorder tool.
- Step-1: Simply, swipe the notification panel downwards. Swipe again to access the Quick Settings panel.
- Step-2: Now, swipe right to view the Screen Record icon.
Tap on this icon and get started with Snapchat screen recording.
The iOS version is of course different. There is a built-in screen recorder that comes with iOS but you do have to enable this feature by accessing the Control Center. If the option is not available in the Control Center, then use the following steps to add it to the list.
- Step-1: Go to Settings and locate Control Center.
- Step-2: Tap on the Control Center option and choose the Customize Controls option.
Lastly, add the screen recorder option and start recording the screen.
2) Use of Airplane Mode
This is a simple procedure and doesn’t require going through complicated steps. And this method is applicable for both Android and iOS devices.
- Step-1: Launch the Snapchat app on whichever smartphone you are using. Let the snaps load but do not view them. Minimize it.
- Step-2: On the Settings or from the Notification panel, turn off both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Step-3: Activate Airplane Mode. The Airplane mode ensures that you are not connected to the internet.
- Step-4: Now, open the app and take the screenshot of the particular snap you are interested in.
After taking the screenshot, wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute and deactivate the Airplane mode. No one will be notified of your doing.
3) Third Party Applications
Last but not least, you can seek professional help by using 3rd party applications. Due to Snapchat’s security measures, apps have been developed just for the purpose of taking the screenshot of a snap without notifying anyone.
There are several apps available. SnapSaver is the best app for Android users and it can be downloaded easily from the Google Play Store. If you are an iOS user, then you have to depend on the Sneakaboo app.
SnapSaver for Android
- Step-1: Download the app and launch it.
- Step-2: Choose the desired option. There are multiple options available like Screenshot, Screen Recording, and more.
- Step-3: After that, navigate to Snapchat and open the target snap. The SnapSaver app’s camera icon will appear on the screen, tap on it to proceed.
Sneakaboo for iOS
Just download and install the app. Then, you have to log in using the same credentials as your Snapchat account. All the new Snapchat stories will appear on the screen, just take the screenshot.
Hopefully, after going through our article you are not hindered by how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing? The methods are not conventional but they are also not complicated. If you require guidance, be sure to check all the details we have added to our article.