When you download music you love on your iPhone, you would want to transfer it to your computer. iPhone permits purchased and downloaded music to be transferred, but on just five computers. However, there may be times when you may want to transfer unpurchased music from iPhone to computer and may be on more than five computers.
Note: Sometimes the default iTunes app that we have might fail, and instead of transferring the music, it may replace your original files on your computer. This can be totally frustrating.
Worry not! In this article, I am providing you easy methods to transfer any music from your iPhone to computer.
Best Ways to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer (Purchased Music)
- 1 Best Ways to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer (Purchased Music)
- 2 Transfer Music files from iPhone to Computer (Unpurchased Music)
Method 1: Using iTunes
Note: This method only works for the music files that you’ve legally purchased from the official iTunes store.
- First step would be to download iTunes on your computer afresh. Download the supported OS version here.
- Install iTunes on your computer and create a desktop icon.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer with the provided cable.
- Double-click on the iTunes shortcut from your computer desktop to launch the application.
- Navigate to the top-left corner of the iTunes window to File-> Devices-> Transfer Purchases from “iPhone”
- Let iTunes transfer the music files; wait for it to be completed.
- Under Library, go to Recently Added on the left pane of the iTunes window.
- You will find the music files that you just transferred from your iPhone.
- Now, just look for the music files that you want to download onto your computer.
- You will find a Download icon (which is a small cloud with a down arrow) next to the song you select. Click on the button to download the song or album to save the music file on your computer.
Method 2: Using iExplorer
iExplorer is an excellent tool and is highly flexible between devices and also with the methods of transfer.
- Of course, the first step is to download iExplorer by going to this link. Then install iExplorer.
- You need to use an USB connector to connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Next, open iExplorer by clicking on its shortcut from your desktop.
- From the Device Overview screen, you have to click on the Music
- This provides four options:
- Drag & Drop – Select and drag any item from the main window and drop them on your computer.
- Auto Transfer – Tap on the Auto Transfer button and click on Auto-Recover all items to iTunes to start the transfer.
- Selected Tracks – From the main menu, select the files you want to transfer and click on Transfer from Device.
- Selected Playlists– In Media Library, create a Playlist and select it and click Transfer from Device.
Method 3: Re-Download the Purchased Music in iTunes
Note: Suppose you have already purchased an album or a set of songs from iTunes and you accidently deleted them. There’s no need to worry as you can easily redownload those purchased music files and transfer them onto your computer.
Follow these steps to redownload purchased music.
- Open iTunes and go to your account profile.
- Sign with your Apple ID.
- Go to Account-> Purchased-> Music.
- Go to the tab “Not in my music library”. The purchased items appear here.
- Click to Download the songs and save it on your PC.
Transfer Music files from iPhone to Computer (Unpurchased Music)
You must also be interested in transferring unpurchased music files from your iPhone to the computer that were downloaded from sources other than iTunes. This can be a little tricky to achieve.
Apple does not allow transfer of unpurchased music from iPhone to computer because of its policies with copyright infringement. We do not endorse copying unpurchased music from third-party sources. Users are advised to continue with caution and knowing that they are responsible for any copyright issues. Nevertheless, we will show you methods to transfer music using other software to extract music files.
Method 1: Using EaseUS MobiMover 5.1.6
This tool not only transfers all types of data from iPhone to computer but also from your computer to iPhone or any iOS device. You can also manage your device by adding, deleting and editing all types of files such as music, caller tunes, voice memos, voice mails, contacts, photos, videos, messages and much more downloaded from any site of your choice.
Follow the steps outlined below to transfer music from iPhone to computer using MobiMover.
- Download the free version of EaseUS MobiMover 5.1.6 by clicking here. Then double-click the downloaded file to install the same on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Open EaseUS MobiMover on your computer.
- Next, you may get a notification on your iPhone to ask if you trust the computer. Tap on the Trust
- Next, select the folder where you want to save the music that you import from your iPhone.
- Tap on Next button and MobiMover will display all the items which can be transferred from your iPhone to computer which includes contacts, messages, music, voice mail, notes, photos, videos, etc.
- For transferring select files, you need to select only the preferred category and just click on the Transfer button to start transferring music files from your iPhone.
- Don’t miss to check if all the required files are transferred to the target location after the job is done.
Method 2: Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer with Cloud Services
The following steps apply to non-purchased songs.
To transfer mp3 from iPhone to your PC you can also use cloud backup services. The cloud services on iPhone allow you to share files on different devices with the same account. Common tools like Dropbox, Google Play Music, and Amazon Music enable users to copy songs on your PC or Mac from iPhone.
How to transfer Music from iPhone to PC, example Dropbox
- Download and install Dropbox on your iOS device from the app store by clicking here.
- Next, download the desktop version of Dropbox by visiting this link on the PC or Mac.
- Sign into Dropbox on both the devices with the same account.
- Upload your favorite songs on Dropbox from your iPhone.
- As it is done, you can access the songs on your Dropbox account from your PC.
We are sure that the methods listed above is sure to work for you, both in the case of transferring purchased as well as unpurchased music. However, don’t hesitate to comment below if any of the methods didn’t work for you as intended. Also, do follow us on social media for such handy guides on everything related to iPhone, iPad and iOS.